Lisho Christoh Mundia was born on the 24 April 1980 in the Zambezi (formally known as Caprivi) Region; he enjoys lecturing and research activities. Innovations in GIS and earth observation related sciences that integrated local people’s knowledge into planning and decision-making process are a great aspect of his future discovery. He holds the following qualifications:
• Master of Science in Geographic Information Science and Systems (GISc) [Salzburg University, Austria],
• Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management [MANCOSA, South Africa]
• Master of Science in Geographical Information Science (GIS) [Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Netherlands],
• Postgraduate Diploma in GIS [Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa],
• National Diploma in Land Management [Polytechnic of Namibia, Windhoek, Namibia]; and
• National Certificate in Land Measuring [Polytechnic of Namibia, Windhoek, Namibia]
Mundia is also currently a Ph. D and MBA student and has over ten (10) years of various industries experience. He worked for the City of Windhoek, De Beers Marine Namibia, Namibia Water Corporation Ltd and currently working for Polytechnic of Namibia in the Geo-Information Technology (GIT) Section of the Geo-Spatial Sciences and Technology Department of the School of Natural Resources and Spatial Sciences as a Lecturer in GIS and Remote Sensing. Besides his full-time work of lecturing and research, Lisho Mundia is a Senior Consultant in GIS, earth observation, land administration, land information system development and related sciences. For the past few years, he has provided these services to a number of government and private organisation, ranging from training, research and technical services. He is a Director and founder of the company called Namibia Geographical Information Technologies (NGIT) Cc in Namibia.