Not all PDF files convert flawlessly. Sometimes the entire PDF file or some pages from a PDF file are converted to images instead of SWF files. Usually when this happens you will notice a difference in quality between pages when you open the flip book in full screen and use the zoom in feature.
Technically, what happens is that some highlights and effects aren’t recognized by the flash player and therefore they can’t be converted to SWF files (each page in your flipbook is a SWF file).
When this happens, the solution I personally use and recommend (it works every time) is to rasterize each page from the PDF file.
How to do that:
1. Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
2. Save each page from the PDF file. File -> Save As -> Image->JPEG.
3. Click on Settings and make sure that maximum quality is set for the JPG, then click OK.
4. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader again if you closed it and go to Create -> Combine Files into Single PDF.
Select all images, choose the maximum size allowed and combine the files.
5. Finally save the PDF file and upload it to FlipSnack. It will work like a charm.
Note: If you had links inside your PDF you will need to insert them again after you’re done with this process.
Obviously, you don’t need to rasterize the entire PDF if you have problems with just a few pages. If that’s the case, open the PDF creator program and rasterize the problematic pages only (or elements in those pages).
In Photoshop you can do that by flattening layers from a page.
Was this helpful to you?
- Top flipbooks of November 2016 - November 29th, 2016
- Interview with Jacob Cass – Just Creative - November 25th, 2016
- December 2016 calendar backgrounds – desktop background - November 24th, 2016
- Black Friday deals on Flipsnack - November 22nd, 2016
- 25 publishers to follow on Instagram and why - November 17th, 2016
- Interview with Ram Castillo - November 15th, 2016
- How publishers could use Instagram’s new shopping feature - November 10th, 2016
- 7 steps to better email marketing - November 8th, 2016
- Interview with Joseph Kalinowski - November 2nd, 2016
- Top flipbooks of October 2016 - October 31st, 2016