Not all PDF files convert flawlessly. Sometimes the entire PDF file or some pages from a PDF file are converted to images instead of SWF files. Usually when this happens you will notice a difference in quality between pages when you open the flip book in full screen and use the zoom in feature.
Technically, what happens is that some highlights and effects aren’t recognized by the flash player and therefore they can’t be converted to SWF files (each page in your flipbook is a SWF file).
When this happens, the solution I personally use and recommend (it works every time) is to rasterize each page from the PDF file.
How to do that:
1. Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
2. Save each page from the PDF file. File -> Save As -> Image->JPEG.
3. Click on Settings and make sure that maximum quality is set for the JPG, then click OK.
4. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader again if you closed it and go to Create -> Combine Files into Single PDF.
Select all images, choose the maximum size allowed and combine the files.
5. Finally save the PDF file and upload it to FlipSnack. It will work like a charm.
Note: If you had links inside your PDF you will need to insert them again after you’re done with this process.
Obviously, you don’t need to rasterize the entire PDF if you have problems with just a few pages. If that’s the case, open the PDF creator program and rasterize the problematic pages only (or elements in those pages).
In Photoshop you can do that by flattening layers from a page.
Was this helpful to you?
- 10 fashion lookbook examples for design inspiration - March 23rd, 2017
- Social media analytics tools comparison 2017 - March 17th, 2017
- Everything you need to know about the editor redesign - March 16th, 2017
- Free customer persona template + worksheets to create your own - March 9th, 2017
- 10 reasons why you should be a writer [Infographic] - March 6th, 2017
- March 2017 calendar download for desktop background - February 24th, 2017
- 60 marketing ideas for realtors - February 22nd, 2017
- 50 ways to promote your photography business - February 9th, 2017
- Freebie: February 2017 wallpaper calendar desktop background - January 31st, 2017
- Top flipbooks of December 2016 - December 29th, 2016