Breast Cancer by Christy Williams

November 24, 2014  |  By  | 

Williams 1 Dedicated to the women and families affected everyday by Breast Cancer. May you remain strong and faithful! Williams 2 Christy Williams English 1213, 290 24 November 2014 Topic: Cancer I have selected cancer with a focus on breast cancer for my topic. Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that has developed from cells within the breast. Breast cancer is always the result of a genetic abnormality, however, only 5-10 % of breast cancer is actually inherited from your mother or father’s genes. The other 85 -90% of breast cancers are due to an abnormal result of the general wear and tear of daily aging. Breast cancer has many different treatment options consisting of; Chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal, holistic and surgical interventions. The survival rate of this cancer is dependent on the stage, type and severity at the time of discovery. Works Cited “F -FDG PET/CT Imaging versus dynamic contrast-enhanced CT for Staging and Prognosis of Inflammatory Breast Cancer.” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging 2013. P 1206-1213 Web. 24 Nov. 2014. The European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, is ranked highly among other journals in its field. This journal provides a forum for the exchange of Clinical and Scientific information for the Nuclear Medicine Community. This article is more driven towards the clinicians who investigate the disease and treatment modalities. Basically, the article is a comparison of an FDG PET/CT and a DCE/CT, in order to determine which one is the best type of