We know you love using FlipSnack to create amazing flipbooks, so we try to make every app as simple as we can, but sometimes it’s not up to us to make everything run smooth.
Most of the issues people have with converting PDF files in FlipSnack or SlideSnack are due to the color format of the file. Some programs are quite old and will not create web compliant PDFs.
This tutorial will show you how to fix them. First of all you need to get Adobe Acrobat X Pro – you can either buy it or download the trial version.
After the installation, open the troublesome PDF in Acrobat X Pro and do the following:
1. Click File – Save As – More Options – PDF/A
2. Click Save (you can overwrite) – please be patient, this may take a few minutes.
After this step you may or may not get a message regarding PDF/A standard compliance; if you do not get the message, your PDF file is fixed. However, if you do, please continue with the steps; also, if you experience problems with this step, please go back to Step 1 and try using PDF/X instead.
3. Click the Info button on the left bar
4. Open Preflight
5. Click Standards and check Save As PDF/X
6. Press Next – Check Save As PDF/X-1a – Continue
7. Select US Web Coated (SWOP) v2 from the dropdown bar
8. Save As – Save
P.S. Of course, there’s plenty other errors that might mess with your PDFs, but our wonderful support team is here to answer all of your questions. Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top flipbooks of December 2016 - December 29th, 2016
- Freebie: January 2017 wallpaper calendar desktop background - December 27th, 2016
- Design trends in 2017 – see what experts predict - December 15th, 2016
- Interview with Zipeng Zhu - December 13th, 2016
- Free tools for designing a stunning press kit - December 8th, 2016
- Interview with Debbie Millman - December 6th, 2016
- Top flipbooks of November 2016 - November 29th, 2016
- Interview with Jacob Cass – Just Creative - November 25th, 2016
- December 2016 calendar backgrounds – desktop background - November 24th, 2016
- Black Friday deals on Flipsnack - November 22nd, 2016