Lots of hype lately about flipped classrooms in the online education community. So what is it, really? Exactly as the name suggests, the class is “turned upside down” – what used to be done in the classroom is now done at home, and the “homework” is done in the classroom, with the benefit of the teacher’s assistance, and in other cases, along with other classmates. Fans of this system suggest that, due to the wide accessibility of information, the teacher no longer needs to focus on giving a lecture and could use the time with the students to help them apply what they already absorbed at home.
Where does FlipSnack Edu come into this picture, and how can you use it in a flipped classroom setting? The already notorious FlipSnack helps you turn PDF files and images into stylish digital flipbooks. The Edu version, created especially for schools, creates a secure, totally private online classroom where teachers and students can share reading materials, curriculums and assignments.
So, as an educator, you can use FlipSnack Edu both in and out of the classroom. You can share materials for students to review at home, or you can have them apply the lessons in various assignments and projects.
And to make things even better, we’re working on adding audio and video to the flipbooks, making FlipSnack Edu one of the best web tools for flipped and online teaching out there.
Have you tried it? Let us know how you use it, we love getting your feedback!
- Top flipbooks of November 2016 - November 29th, 2016
- Interview with Jacob Cass – Just Creative - November 25th, 2016
- December 2016 calendar backgrounds – desktop background - November 24th, 2016
- Black Friday deals on Flipsnack - November 22nd, 2016
- 25 publishers to follow on Instagram and why - November 17th, 2016
- Interview with Ram Castillo - November 15th, 2016
- How publishers could use Instagram’s new shopping feature - November 10th, 2016
- 7 steps to better email marketing - November 8th, 2016
- Interview with Joseph Kalinowski - November 2nd, 2016
- Top flipbooks of October 2016 - October 31st, 2016