So you’re ready to create your first flipbook and you need some help. Before I tell you all the steps you should follow to create the flipbook, we’ll have to do a little disambiguation here, because there are 2 very different types of flipbooks, and I don’t know which one is the type that you want to create.
The first type is the little book that contains a series of illustrations that can create the illusion of movement. I can’t help you with this one. Sorry buddy.
The second type of flipbook is equally amazing and a whole lot easier to create, in my opinion. It refers to digital publications that copy the look of an actual book and have flipping pages.
Now that we’ve cleared that up, we can talk about your digital flipbook.
Where to start? Most flipbook makers on the market support PDF upload. If you already have the PDF ready, it should be super easy. But what if you don’t? The good news is that creating a PDF is an easy task.
How to make a PDF document
The most well-known PDF-creation software is Adobe Acrobat Pro, but it doesn’t come free of charge. If you have it installed on your computer, I’m sure you already know how it works. Another professional tool that is great for flipbook magazines is InDesign. This is a premium tool that’s worth the money, but you will have to invest some time in learning how to use it.
Fortunately, there are other options. Free even.
Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents can be exported to PDF. So do Pages, Keynote and Open Office documents. Just go to File – Export as PDF or Save as ->PDF. With all of these tools you will be able to use text and images. If you’re a creative person you will definitely be able to create a PDF that looks good.
If you don’t have of the apps mentioned in the previous paragraph, you can use an online service to create the PDF. A great free app is Google Docs. Simply log in with your Google account and create your document. Once you’re finished, go to File ->Download as -> PDF.
If you can’t/don’t want to use any of the apps I have mentioned, you can still create a flipbook from scratch with Flipsnack, because it supports PDF upload but it also features a content editor that lets you create a flipbook publication from scratch. So you can move on to the next step, whether you have your file ready or not.
How to make the actual flipbook
There are many online apps you can use to create a flipbook from PDF: Issuu, Yuduu, Flipsnack and more. We recommend Flipsnack because it has a few features worth mentioning: no ads, it supports rich media (in-flipbook videos, audio and more), seamless upload and quick conversion. If you don’t have a PDF file, you can use the Flipsnack templates or work with blank pages to create your publication.
Here’s what you should do to create your flipbook:
- Log in (or sign up) to flipsnack.com.
- Go to Upload (for PDF upload) or Create (to create from scratch) in the top menu.
- Upload your files and Publish, or start making the publication. If you decide to create from scratch, this video tutorial might help.
Here’s how a published flipbook looks like:
- We’re announcing new pricing plans - April 25th, 2017
- How to reduce the PDF file size in Adobe Acrobat Pro - April 20th, 2017
- Featured profile: David Oey - April 6th, 2017
- 10 fashion lookbook examples for design inspiration - March 23rd, 2017
- Social media analytics tools comparison 2017 - March 17th, 2017
- Everything you need to know about the editor redesign - March 16th, 2017
- Free customer persona template + worksheets to create your own - March 9th, 2017
- 10 reasons why you should be a writer [Infographic] - March 6th, 2017
- March 2017 calendar download for desktop background - February 24th, 2017
- 60 marketing ideas for realtors - February 22nd, 2017