October 6, 2014 | By Laurie Norris |
More from Laurie Norris
WEEK ONE: Neuroscience Neuroscienc e: One Brain...or Two? How many brains do you have—one or two? Actually, this is quite easy to answer...you have only one brain. However, the cerebral hemispheres are divided right down the middle into a right hemisphere and a left hemisphere. Each hemisphere appears to be specialized for some behaviors. The hemispheres communicate with each other through a thick band of 200-250 million nerve fibers called the corpus callosum. Are you right-handed or left-handed? As you probably know, most people (about 90% of the population) are right-handed...they prefer to use their right hand to write, eat and throw a ball. Another way to refer to people who use their right hand is to say that they are dominant . It follows that most of the other 10% of the population is left-handed or “left hand dominant.”There are few people who use each hand equally; they’re “ambidextrous”. Interestingly, most people also have a dominant eye and dominant ear.
1 Renaming your iPad Wireless Settings Email Set-up iPad Basics Renaming The IPad 1.Tap the Settings icon on the Home Screen. 2.Tap General on the left hand menu. 3.Tap About at the top of the screen. 4.Tap Name at the top of the screen. 5.Using the keyboard delete the current name and replace with your name. 2 Section 1 Renaming the iPad CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO TUTORIAL ON MORE IPAD BASICS Settings